The day of surgery has almost arrived! I am so excited to get it over with and be on the road to recovery and am anxiously anticipating the way I will feel after all is said and done!
I go in tomorrow at 6:30 AM for my septoplasty and the removal of my adenoids (doesn't 'adenoid' sound like some kind of space craft in a Star Trek-y world??). All in all, the surgery will last about 2 hours and is outpatient so I'll leave the hospital once I'm finished in the OR.
They project recovery to be about a week until I can have the cast and splints out, and another 4 or 5 days after that till the bruises are totally gone. I am just hoping I can be on the road to feeling better soon after the bruising goes down, and in enough time to prepare and pack away my life for 5 months! (I'm secretly hoping not to look like I was hit by a truck in time for New Year's. And if that's not the case, I have already made my friends promise that no pictures are to be taken of me looking like a crazy!) .
I'm feeling a little bit nervous to be put under anesthetic, but mostly really excited for the surgery to be over and done with, and to be on my way to breathing better and not being sick so often!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment