Saturday, December 27, 2008

Recovery

Hello, all!

Thank you so much for all of your calls/texts/IMs/facebook messages/etc. through my recovery! I'm doing really well--my throat still hurts quite a bit, but the rest of me is feeling great! My cast and splints come off on Tuesday the 3oth, hopefully. It will be very nice to have everything out of and off of my nose, so I can maybe start breathing through my nose FINALLY!!

I received my flight receipt and luggage tags for Jerusalem in the mail today, which makes leaving so soon seem SO real and scary and tangible. The surgery has distracted me from thinking at all about Jerusalem, so I feel totally unprepared and not at all ready to leave!! I know that in a week, once I am totally recovered and feeling a lot better, I will be so super excited and ready to leave, but for now, all I can think about is getting better and breathing again! It's crazy to think that in a little bit more than two weeks, I will be sleeping in my dorm on Mt. Scopus in Israel!! It's a pretty bizarre feeling, but I am definitely ready for a change and for a break.

Next month in Israel! Eeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment