Thursday, December 18, 2008

My first post!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination." -Don Williams, Jr.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, friends and family who I love so much!

So I am leaving for Jerusalem in exactly 25 days. I can't believe that it is so soon and so far away! It still hasn't hit me quite yet that I will be spending an entire 5 months in a foreign country, away from the people that have started to become my family at Pitt and the place I have started to call home. Leaving Pittsburgh for was a fairly surreal experience, and it is incredible to try to wrap my head around the fact that I will not be back in Oakland for 8 months, at which time I will be a SENIOR IN COLLEGE?!

Because I'm having surgery in 6 days (nothing too serious! Having my septum straightened out and my adnoids removed--all outpatient), I have to start getting all of my stuff together to be prepared to pack/to start the daunting undertaking before my surgery! Eek!

Such menial things are starting to become worrisome--what luggage do I bring with me? Do I pack toiletries from the US or buy them once I get there?? So many tiny, minor details to consider as I begin to pack my life away in two duffels, each no larger than 62 inches or heavier than 70 pounds, for 5 months.

So welcome to the adventure. I hope you'll bear with me as I put my ramblings onto paper (screen) about this experience. Once I figure out how to, I will try to add pictures and fun things I find along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment